This spring Sencha is an Ichibancha, which means it is from the first harvest. These are the most complex and sought-after teas. This one comes from Kirishima in Kagoshima. It was made from the Saemidori cultivar, and was harvested 350 metres above sea level.
A very smooth and umami Shincha with an excellent aromatic complexity combined with vegetal, buttery and fruity notes.This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Kagoshima, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: highly regular fine needles
- Colour: dark green, bright leaves
- Scents: fresh vegetal, flora, minty hints
- Scents: stewed vegetables, fresh vegetal, marine notes
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: very smooth
- Flavours: pronounced umami
- Aromas: freshly cut grass, iodised, buttery, floral and vanilla hints, with a vegetal and fruity finish (hazelnut)
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a round and strongly-umami Shincha which combines a pleasant aromatic blend with elegant vegetal, buttery and hazelnut notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.