This tea comes from the Ilam valley in Nepal. The tea plants grow at over 1,800 metres above sea level. This Grand Cru is created using clonal tea plants from Darjeeling. It is an autumn harvest that comes from a fine imperial harvest.
This highly aromatic white tea reveals fine zesty, rose-like and brioche notes. It has a very smooth texture and adeliciously sweet taste.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: imperial crop composed of fine buds
- Colours: green leaves and silvery buds
- Scents: brioche, vegetal, toasted
- Scents: floral, zest, fresh vegetal
- Colour: golden
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: intense, persistent zesty note, bouquet of roses, brioche, orange blossom, fresh almond, fresh vegetal
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a very smooth white tea which offers a wide variety of fragrances which are floral, fruity and brioche-flavoured. The clear, powerful zesty note of this tea lingers in the mouth throughout tasting
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.