Established in 1999, Himalayan Shangri-La Tea Producers is a factory that works closely with farmers and cooperatives. The garden lies at between 1,200 and 2,100 metres above sea level, in Ilam valley.
A black tea with a velvety texture and a hint of sweetness. Its initial woody, vanilla aromas develop into subtle floral and fruity notes. This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: thinly rolled leaves with buds
- Colours: dark leaves, golden buds
- Scents: woody, cocoa, toast
- Scents : cocoa, woody, hint of flowers, waxed, stewed fruits
- Colours: amber
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet, slight bitterness
- Aromas: a woody attack, with vanilla and waxy notes, then more fruity (yellow fruit preserve) and floral nuances, and a finale of spicy, cocoa-scented aromas
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: A sweet tea that is long in the mouth, with a fine, rounded and ample texture. Its woody, cocoa-scented aromatic notes are offset by subtle floral and fruity notes. A tea that is both rich and accessible
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.