This is a very special white tea from Sri Lanka made up solely of long downy buds that give the infusion a sweet flavour. A delicate, refined premium tea with mushroom, damp wood, vegetal, dry wood and honey notes. A must!
Located on the outskirts of Ratnapura, known as the “City of Gems”, the Opatha garden is surrounded by the Babarabotuva and Buluthota Rakwana mountain ranges on the edge of the Sinharaja forest reserve.
- Sri Lanka
- Opatha Tea Estate
- Size of garden:
- 120 ha
- 162 m
- 23°C - 25°C
- Tea colour:
- white tea
- Appearance: an excellent plucking made up solely of long glossy downy buds
- Colour: a wonderful variation of colours ranging from golden to coppery
- Scents: subtle sweet honey and straw aromas
- Scents: vegetal (potato), damp wood, mushroom, honey
- Colour: amber
- Texture: very smooth with a slight astringency at the back of the mouth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: mushroom, damp wood, vegetal (potato, artichoke), dry wood, honey
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a flavoursome profile with delicate aromas of mushroom, potato and artichoke, developing subtle honey notes with a sweet flavour, and finishing with a woody quality, sustained and accentuated by a slight astringency at the back of the mouth
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.