The particularity of a Tamaryokucha Kamairi Cha is its high-temperature fixing: it is roasted instead of being autoclaved. The production method is more like the one used in China. Its matt, dark-green leaves differ from those of the Tamaryokucha Mushisei.
This Tamaryokucha Kamairi Grand Cru reveals subtle toasted notes which join together with vegetal and marine heart notes.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Miyazaki, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: twisted leaves
- Colour: deep green
- Scents: vegetal, marine notes, roasted
- Scents: vegetal, marine notes, nuts
- Colour: pale yellow
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: umami, slight bitterness
- Aromas: highly vegetal (fresh grass), marine, buttery, zest, nuts, with a toasted finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly round and smooth Kamairi Cha, with a round and thick texture that fills the palette, as well as vegetal and marine notes seasoned with subtle toasted notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.