In Japan, the most prestigious teas are Ichibancha (which means "first harvest"). The particularity of Tamaryokucha Mushisei lies in the way the leaves are handled: after being steamed, they are rolled into comma shapes.
A superb variety whose creamy texture helps extend its intense marine, grassy, and flowery notes for a truly refreshing cup of tea!
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Nagasaki, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: twisted leaves
- Colour: shiny green
- Scents: vegetal, marine, buttery
- Scents: vegetal, fruity, buttery
- Colour: pale yellow
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet, umami
- Aromas: a vegetal initial aroma, highly buttery, fruity (blackcurrant, berries), marine (crab meat), vanilla hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a Tamaryokucha with a smooth texture and umami flavour, which reveals complex vegetal, buttery, fruity and marine notes
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.