In recent years, some Nepalese planters have been breaking with tradition to produce teas that are out of the ordinary, like this Grand Cru. It comes from one of the first factories in Nepal, created in 1995 and located at 1,900 metres above sea level.
A smooth, sweet second flush from Nepal with aromatic notes of honey, fruit and vanilla. A complex yet accessible tea.
- Ilam, Nepal
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: long leaves and twisted buds
- Colours: brown and golden
- Scents: floral, wood, toast
- Scents: wood, fruit, cocoa
- Colour: amber
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: fruity, floral, vanilla, polished wood, vegetal hints, with a toasted finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a complex tea with hints of honey, fruit and vanilla. This tea has a generous, smooth texture, with a pleasant sweet flavour
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 3'45 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.