A delicious black tea from Indonesia. This little-known producer country boasts the ideal conditions for tea farming: high mountains, volcanic soil rich in minerals and a perfect sub-tropical climate. A rare Grand Cru.
A smooth, sweet tea. Its rich aromatic profile develops honey, fruity and floral notes with toasted undertones and a finish reminiscent of cocoa.
This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: twisted large leaves
- Colour: dark brown
- Scents: wood, honey, cocoa hints
- Scents: honey, waxed wood, floral (rose)
- Colour: amber
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: honey, wood, waxed, fruit (yellow fruit jam), floral (rose), vanilla, toasted hints, cocoa finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly balanced, aromatic Grand Cru with long-lasting honeyed, fruity and floral notes with a subtle cocoa finish. A delicious black tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.