This exceptional Grand Cru is harvested at 1,250 meters on the slopes of Mae Salong, in the Chiang Rairegion of Thailand. At her estate, Ms. Ming grows tea plants including Jinxuan and Si Ji Chun to produceOolongs in the Taiwanese tradition. Her teas combine Taiwanese expertise with a Thai terroir whosegrowing conditions are ideal for plants. Made from Qin Xin cultivars, this heavily oxidized Oolong isinspired by the processing method used for Dong Fang Mei Ren, better known as Oriental Beauty.
Just like Oriental Beauty, this tea is made from leaves that were bitten by an insect related to the Paolibefore being plucked.The little insect makes a big difference in the tea, since its bites alter the chemicalstructure of the leaves, making their aromatic notes much more intense and complex.
A magnificent oolong that unfurls fruity and highly floral notes with a hint of honey supported by anelegant oily texture. This superb tea rekindles the magic of an Oriental Beauty from an unusual terroir.This tea is grown organically and certified by Ecocert, an accredited independent certification body.
- Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Tea colour:
- oolong, highly oxidized
- Appearance: large twisted leaves, very rich in tips.
- Colours: brown leaves and silvery tips, coppery highlights.
- Scents: woody, fruity and slightly toasted.
- Scents : very floral, honeyed.
- Colours: golden.
- Texture: oily.
- Flavours:very sweet.
- Aromas: floral opening (powdery rose), gourmand notes (vanilla), fruity middle (candied fruits and dried fruits), vegetal hint, woody hint, a honey-flavoured finale.
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a tea of incredible complexity. Its mellow, thick texture carries precise yet subtle notes in a floral, honeyed register. Its sweet taste lingers for a long time in the mouth.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 6 minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.