A really lovely second flush Darjeeling from an estate that is particularly well known for its environmental stance. It has the typical flavours of a summer plucking, with ripe fruit and a complex aroma.
- Appearance: with buds.
- Colour: very coppery and brown.
- Scents: highly fragrant. Strong fruity notes (grapes), woody and zesty aromas.
- Colour: green, copper and brown.
- Scents: A fruity attack (grape) with woody notes (twigs) against a vanilla backdrop.
- Colour: glistening, coppery.
- Texture: very supple, then astringent at the back of the mouth, giving lots of lingering character.
- Flavour: a very sweet flavour.
- Aromas: fruity notes, both cooked fruit and fruit paste (grape, apple), followed by liquorice and woody notes (dried wood) and finally honey.
- Aromatic profil and lenght in the mouth: a long liquorice note, followed by cooked fruit.