An atypical tea with yellow fruit, vanilla and flowery notes. Its subtly sweet flavor combines together with a round, highly smooth texture.
A rare Grand Cru made using an unusual process that defies categorisation but is similar to that used for some yellow teas. It comes from Chinese tea plants grown in the mountains of north-eastern Myanmar. A unique Grand Cru that must be tasted!
- Shan, Myanmar
- Tea colour:
- yellow tea
- Appearance: vast leaves and buds
- Colour: brown leaves and silvery buds
- Scents: fruit, dried fruits, floral
- Scents: highly fruity (stewed fruits), vanilla
- Colour: golden
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: highly sweet with a subtle acidity
- Aromas: intense fruity aroma (yellow fruit, pineapple), vanilla, spiced hints, dried vegetal, fresh almond, floral
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a delicious sweet tea from Myanmar, with fruity gourmet notes combined with a rich, round texture. A rare tea that you should definitely try!
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 6 minutes in water heated to 80°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.