The Thurbo plantation is located in the Mirik valley at an altitude ranging from 980 to 2,440 metres above sea level. The summer harvest takes place from May to June. During production, the oxidation of the leaves is more marked than with a first flush.
A smooth summer Darjeeling boasting a delicate astringency highlighting intense floral, woody and honey notes.
- Darjeeling, India
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: rolled leaves and buds
- Colour: brown leaves and golden buds
- Scents: fruity, toasted, honey
- Scents: floral (rose), woody, honey
- Colour: amber
- Texture: after a smooth start, the texture gives way to a delicate astringency
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: woody and floral notes mixed with honey and stewed fruit, hints of spice and vanilla, delicately toasted
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a complex yet balanced tea with woody, floral and fruity notes and a hint of honey. The delicately powdery texture prolongs the aromas of this delicious summer Darjeeling
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 85°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.