A Kenyan Grand Cru from the Kirinyaga region. It is harvested along the Mount Kenya volcano at over 1,800 metres above sea level. This particularly mineral-rich soil is ideal for growing tea plants. This tea is harvested in May.
A sweet and velvety black tea which develops honey, cocoa, polished and fruity notes with a subtle leather hint.
- Kirinyaga, Kenya
- Tea colour:
- black tea
- Appearance: fine twisted leaves
- Colours: dark brown with golden glints
- Scents: wood, fruit, waxed
- Scents: wood, honey, leather, fruit
- Colours: amber
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: initial intense honey, cocoa, polished wood, cooked fruit, leather hint
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a highly balanced Grand Cru. Its round, thick texture supports gourmet honey, polished and slightly cocoa notes. An amazing discovery.
Suggestion of preparation
With the testing: 4' minutes in water heated to 90°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.