This spring Sencha is an Ichibancha, which means it is from the first harvest. These are the most complex and sought-after teas. This one comes from Tenryu in Shizuoka. It is made by a skilled producer, Mr.Oota, from the Yabukita cultivar.
A vivacious aromatic profile with intense vegetal and fruity notes makes this a complex and powerfulsencha. A fine acidity enhances its umami taste.
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: regular fine needles
- Colour: dark green, glossy
- Scents: vegetal, raw vegetables, lemon zest
- Scents: intense fresh grass notes, iodised citrus
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: initially smooth, with a subtle edge to the finish
- Flavours: umami
- Aromas: vegetal (fresh grass, seaweed), fruity (fresh hazelnut), marine notes, floral, buttery
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: powerful vegetal initial aroma (freshly cut grass, stems), green asparagus, raw courgettes, mulberry leaves, fruity, citrus zest, iodised
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C.
With the Kyusu / Shiboridashi by successive 1 minute infusions.
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.