This Grand Cru is a green tea from China that is harvested in the spring. Its name means "jade orchid", and refers to its heady floral fragrances, and to the freshness and green colour of its delicate harvest that is rich in buds. It is made in Anhui province.
An elegant spring green tea with floral, almond, vegetal and mineral notes which develop against a round texture that is as smooth as silk.
- Anhui, China
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: a fine crop, composed of tender leaves and buds.
- Colours: green and silver.
- Scents: vegetal, nuts, floral.
- Scents: flower bouquet, stems, nuts.
- Colours: very light greenish yellow. Bright liqueur.
- Texture: silky.
- Flavours: sweet.
- Aromas: initial floral note, fresh almond, milk, fresh vegetal, brown sugar, mineral finish
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a Chinese tea with floral notes, a silky texture and a finely sweet flavour. This prized Grand Cru develops springtime fragrances that are as subtle as they are precious.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
With the Gong Fu Cha: infusions during 30-40 secondes
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.