This spring Sencha is an Ichibancha, which means it is from the first harvest. These are the most complex and sought-after teas. This one comes from Kagoshima. It was made from a rare cultivar known as Yutakamidori.
This tea has a delicate sour and umami flavour, which develops intense vegetal and marine notes.
- Kagoshima, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: thin needles
- Colour: dark green, with a shiny appearance
- Scents: vegetal, vanilla, fruit
- Scents: vegetal, nuts, marine notes
- Colour: pale green
- Texture: powdery
- Flavours: umami, slightly acidic
- Aromas: initial vegetal and iodised aroma, fresh vegetal, cooked vegetables, fruity (zesty), marine notes (shellfish), fresh fruit hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: an Ichibancha characterised by a perfect balance between its vivacious vegetal and powerful marine notes. Its umami flavour makes it seem even thicker to taste, with a powdery texture giving the notes a longer finish
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.