In the past few years, some directors of African plantations have been working to improve the quality of the teas they produce. This green tea with large crumpled leaves comes from an association of small producers of Satemwa.
A green tea with a complex, harmonic fragrance, with dried apricot and artichoke notes. A sweet, velvety taste with a long finish.
- Thyolo, Malawi
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: large whole and crinkled leaves
- Colour: a blend of olive green and dark green
- Scents: vegetal, toast, fruit
- Scents: vegetal, fruit, floral
- Colour: orange
- Texture: velvety
- Flavours: sweet
- Aromas: a fruity initial flavour (yellow fruits, dried apricots), cooked vegetal (raw artichoke), nuts, toasted hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: a thick, well-balanced tea, with a sweet flavour, and distinctive notes of dried apricot and artichoke. A delicious, unique green tea
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 4 minutes in water heated to 75°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.