Carrots with Thé des Lords and hazelnut crumble topping
By Anne DesplanckeServes 1 Dish
- 30g unsalted butter, chilled
- 30g grated parmesan
- 30g ground hazelnuts
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp , blended
- Pinch of salt
- 8 carrots with their tops
- 1 tbsp (loose leaf)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp wine vinegar
1. Crumble topping
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and blend until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Cook the washed and peeled whole carrots for 10 minutes in salted boiling water (keep 2 carrot tops).
- Drain, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then add the carrots and loose tea and cook for five minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the chopped carrot tops and continue to cook for around 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the olive oil with the vinegar, orange juice and maple syrup.
- Set aside.
Assemble the dish
Arrange the carrots on a plate, sprinkle with the vinaigrette, then top with the crumble and carrot tops.
Replace the carrots with parsnips.