General terms of sale
This translation is provided for information purposes and only the French version of our general terms of sale shall be deemed to be authentic.
The present general terms of sale govern all relations between our Company:
Palais des Thés
joint stock company with capital of €522.720 ,
registered in the Paris Register of Companies as number 339 752 636,
with registered office at 64, rue Vieille du Temple 75003 PARIS, France
(hereafter designated as " Palais des Thés ") ;
Any online customer (hereafter designated as " customer ") making a purchase on the "palaisdesthes.com" website which can be accessed at the following address:
www.palaisdesthes.com (hereafter designated as the " Website ").
Sales made and orders placed via the Website with Palais des Thés are governed exclusively by the present general terms of sale, any document or correspondence from the customer being excluded.
An essential and determining condition of placing an order with Company Palais des Thés is the implied acceptance, in full and without reservation, by the customer of the present general terms of sale.
Should Palais des Thés choose not to exercise the right to apply any of the present general terms of sale at a given time this shall not, under any circumstances, be interpreted as a renunciation by Palais des Thés to exercise the right to any of said conditions at a later date.
To place an order, the customer should fill in the order form shown on the Website. Orders shall not be deemed to have been accepted definitively and the sales contract shall not be considered as established until confirmed by Palais des Thés.
All orders shall be invoiced in accordance with the tariffs valid on the date that the order is recorded Palais des Thés.
Palais des Thés cannot guarantee the availability of all articles offered in the Catalogue, despite every effort being made to supply said articles. In the event that an article ordered is out of stock, Palais des Thés shall substitute the missing product with a product of equal or higher quality (at no extra charge) to avoid delay in delivery, unless otherwise indicated expressly by the Customer when the order is placed.
Palais des Thés reserves the right to cancel any order placed by a customer who has failed to pay for a previous order.
Information provided by the customer when placing an order is binding: in the event of error, Palais des Thés shall not be held responsible where incorrect information renders delivering the product impossible.
Photographs, diagrams or drawings used to illustrate the products are provided strictly as an indication only and are not contractually binding.
When ordered by telephone or fax, our products are payable upon order, by bank card only (VISA, EUROCARD, MASTERCARD).
Any unpaid sum due to insufficient funds in the customer's account or due to wrongly communicated bank details on the part of the customer is subject to a €20 fee per payment incident.
Delivery deadlines are provided as an indication only and are not guaranteed. Failure to deliver by the date specified shall not give rise to penalties for delay, damages or interest, withholding payment or cancellation by the customer of the order, irrespective of the causes, length or consequences of the delay.
Furthermore, deadlines quoted shall be suspended ipso jure in the event of any occurrence independent of the will and/or control of Palais des Thés which results in delivery delay and notably in the event of shortage of raw materials essential to the manufacture, delayed delivery or non-delivery by any supplier to Palais des Thés, stockout of product(s) in question and any case of force majeure.
- Delivery out of France Metropolitaine :
All deliveries abroad and to French departments and territories overseas are systematically delivered by " INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY ", in accordance with the postal tariffs applicable on the order date. All postal expenses will be charged to the customer.
Orders are dispatched by the end of the next business day. Orders are usually delivered to EU countries within a few days (4/6 days for UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg - 1 week for other EU countries). For non EU countries, orders are usually delivered within 2 weeks (4 days for Switzerland and Norway).
Shipping costs are quoted automatically on the web order form, at time of checkout, based on the weight of your order and the country of delivery.
- Delivery to mainland France Metropolitaine
Any order to a single address can be dispatched as follows:
- by PRIORITY SHIPPPING guaranteed delivery time within 2 business days for 9 €
- or, by STANDARD SHIPPING with signature within 4-5 business days for 6 €
- or, by STANDARD SHIPPING in a retailer point or at your home without signature within 4-5 business days for 5 €
All standard shipping are free for any order over 35€ (after discounts)
Signature and proof
For all online payments by bankcard, the acknowledgement supplied by the automatic payment system shall suffice as proof of the transaction amount and date, in accordance with the provisions of article 1316 and subsequent articles of the French Civil Code.
In any event, validating the order shall have the same legal force as signature and implies express acceptance of any operations carried out on the website.
Our products are dispatched at the risk of the customer. It is the responsibility of the customer to check the package, without fail, as soon as it is delivered by the transport company.
The customer must send any claims with regard to damage or partial loss affecting the products delivered, by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to the transport company and Palais des Thés, within a period of three working days from the date on which products are received.
Moreover, any claim for visible product defects, for whatever reason, must be addressed to Palais des Thés, by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt, within 8 (eight) days of receipt of products ordered, the customer is deemed to have accepted the products without reservation on expiry of this period.
It is the responsibility of the customer to supply Palais des Thés with any proof required for the claim.
In the event that the customer's claim is accepted by Palais des Thés, the latter shall arrange for, at its discretion and in accordance with stocks available, the exchange or return of said products, credit notes being provided for returned products.
Right of rescinding
According to the provisions of articles L.121-21 et seq of the Consumer Code, following an online order, the customer has a period of 14 working days from the delivery date to exercise their right of cancellation. If this period expires on a Saturday, a Sunday, a public holiday or non-working day, this period will be extended to include the first subsequent working day.
To exercise your right of cancellation, please follow the steps below:
- 1. Print the form: Cancellation request
- 2. Fill in the form and sign it
3. Stamp and return the form to the following address or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Palais des Thés
Mail order sales
10 rue Mercoeur - 75011 PARIS
- 4. Upon receipt of your request, the customer service department will contact you to organise the Product return. You remain responsible for paying direct costs.
5. After contacting the customer service department, return the package containing the Product(s) to the following address:
Palais des Thés
10 avenue de l'Europe
77600 Bussy Saint Georges
Please note: the Products must be returned to the above address and cannot be returned in-store.
The Theophile programme is the PALAIS DES THÉS loyalty programme, and its purpose is to reward loyal PALAIS DES THÉS customers with exclusive benefits. The programme is valid in PALAIS DES THÉS stores in Metropolitan France (with the exception of corners and retailers) on the Website and by telephone.
- (a) Membership of the programme is free and open to any adult natural person. Companies and other business organisations are not eligible. A first purchase with no minimum amount is needed in order to join the loyalty programme.
- (b) You can join the Theophile programme in stores in Metropolitan France, as well as by telephone or on the website using your User Account. When doing this we will require the Customer to provide certain personal information: title, surname, first name. Some additional information may be requested: email address, postal address and date of birth.
- (c) Membership is on a strictly individual basis. Any accumulated points, known as "buds", cannot be transferred to third parties, or exchanged for money.
- (a) Membership of the Theophile programme comes in four categories: Théophile, Théophile Silver, Théophile Gold and Théophile Imperial. Each status provides access to exclusive benefits.
(b) The general principle is as follows: For every euro a member spends on tea or herbal tea, he or she receives one bud. A member's status is determined by the number of buds he or she has accumulated over the last 12 months and at least one purchase must be made over the last 12 months: :(i) Théophile: up to 79 buds collected(ii) Théophile Silver: between 80 and 149 buds collected(iii) Théophile Gold: between 150 and 299 buds collected(iv) Théophile Imperial: 300 buds or more collected
- (c) Customers who benefit from the 10% discount that was previously offered may continue to do so, provided that they continue to collect 80 buds or more over the last 12 months.
If they do not collect 80 buds or more, they will lose this benefit and it cannot be regained.
- (d) Membership status is retained for at least 1 year (the Customer can upgrade his or her membership in this time, but his or her level cannot decrease for 12 months after the new membership status is achieved). One year after he or she changed status, the member either keeps his or her status, or goes down to a lower status based on the number of buds he or she collected over the last 12 months.
- (e) Buds can be collected from the day the member joins the Theophile Programme. Buds cannot be added retroactively for purchases earlier than this time. In order to collect buds, the purchase must be made as a member logged in to our website, or as a member identifying themselves as such in one of our stores or to our call centre.
- (f) A bud is valid for 1 year.
- (a) The Théophile programme benefits are provided to you for the entire period of your membership provided that these are not changed or removed by PALAIS DES THÉS.
- (b) To learn more about the benefits of the different statuses, please visit the customer portal on the website
You can end your membership at any time by writing to PALAIS DES THÉS by post to the address Palais des Thés – 10 rue Mercoeur 75011 PARIS, France, or by calling our Customer Service line from Monday to Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on +33 (0)1435 69090 (at no additional charge from a landline)
PALAIS DES THÉS reserves the right to exclude a person, to modify or to cancel the Theophile programme at any time.
Liability - Guarantee
Palais des Thés cannot be held responsible for damages of any kind, whether material damage, moral prejudice or physical injury, which may result from failure to use products sold correctly or improper use thereof.
Palais des Thés shall not be held responsible for any inconvenience or damage inherent to using the internet network which is totally beyond the due care and precautions taken by Palais des Thés.
In particular, Palais des Thés shall not be held responsible for any disturbance in the supply of service, external intrusion or presence of computer viruses.
The customer benefits from warranty of title and hidden defects in accordance with the terms of articles 1625 (and subsequent articles) in the French Civil Code.