Chocolate ganache Green of London tea
By Anne DesplanckeServes 8 Dessert
IngredientsCrunchy biscuit base
- 200g gianduja (or similar), melted
- 120g Crêpes Dentelle biscuits (or similar)
- 150g speculoos-type biscuits
- 2 tbsp , blended until powdered
- 200g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 280g whipping cream (30% fat)
- 40g honey
- 30g butter, softened
- 2 rounded tbsp , blended until powdered
- Optional: cocoa powder for decoration
1. Crunchy biscuit base
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs and tip into a mixing bowl. Add the melted gianduja and combine well.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the tart ring, placed on a plate, and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with the powdered tea, then leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the cream and honey in a saucepan, then remove from the heat. Add the tea, cover the pan and leave to infuse for 7 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve and heat the cream mixture again without allowing it to boil.
- In a bowl, break the chocolate into small pieces. Pour the hot cream over it in three parts, while stirring with a spatula.
- Add the softened butter and blend the mixture with a stick blender.
- Pour over the tart base then leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
An easy way to crush the biscuits is to place them in a food bag then smash with a rolling pin.