Chocolate truffles & Chaï Impérial
40 truffles Dessert
- 5 teabags or 2 tbsp (10g) in a large filter
- 18cl whipping cream
- 60g buckwheat honey
- 220g dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 75g cocoa powder
- Bring the cream to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from the heat, add the tea and leave to infuse for 4 minutes.
- Place the honey and chocolate in a bowl, then slowly add the tea-flavoured cream, stirring with a wooden spatula.
- Heat in a bain marie until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Off the heat, add the butter in small pieces and mix gently.
- Line the base of a rectangular baking dish with baking parchment.
- Pour in the chocolate cream and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Slide a knife around the edges of the dish to help remove the mixture from the dish.
- Cut the truffle mixture into cubes.
- Shape the cubes into balls, keeping your hands dusted with icing sugar.
- Return the truffles to the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the truffles on a plate of cocoa powder and roll until coated in the powder.
- Rouler les truffes dedans afin de les recouvrir de cacao.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
is the perfect partner for chocolate and imparts a wonderfully rich aroma.