Japanese omelette with Turmeric Matcha (Okonomiyaki)
Serves 1 Dish
- 1 packet (1g / 0.03oz)
- 2 cl water heated to 60°C
- 10g (0.35oz) wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 30g (1.06oz) white, green or red cabbage
- 1 small spring onion
- 25g (0.88oz) ham, fat removed
- In a bowl, mix the with the water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, egg, one spoon of olive oil, soy sauce and .
- Peel the onion and chop finely, then chop the cabbage finely, removing the thick stems. Chop the green part of the spring onion to garnish.
- In a small pan, soften the cabbage and onion in a slug of olive oil.
- Slice the ham finely and add to the Matcha, along with the cooked cabbage and onion. Mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a hot pan with a slug of olive oil, and cook without stirring. Serve hot from the pan.
You can replace the wheat flour with buckwheat flour, and the ham with prawns or tofu.