Rice pudding with Chaï Impérial
Serves 6 Dessert
- 5-6 tbsp (20-25g) in a large filter
- 1 litre semi-skimmed milk
- 200g pudding rice
- 100g brown sugar
- Place the milk and in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea.
- Add the rice and sugar to the saucepan containing the tea-flavoured milk.
- Heat and simmer for 25 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- NB: stir regularly! The rice should have a melting, creamy texture.
- Pour the rice pudding into small dishes or glasses.
Serve at room temperature or chilled, scattered with raisins and toasted flaked almonds. This recipe brings delicious notes of caramel, cinnamon and candied orange to traditional rice pudding.