Almond cream with Vive les Fêtes tea
Serves 2 Dessert
- 9 tbsp (30g)
- 50 cl full cream milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 40g caster sugar
- 40g ground almonds
- 2 tsp blanched almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until it is simmering. Remove from the heat, then add the tea leaves to the milk and leave to infuse for five minutes. Strain.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the sugar and whisk vigorously for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently reheat the strained milk, add the ground almonds, then add the warm mixture to the whisked eggs. Mix well.
- Butter 6 small ramekins, fill with the cream, then place on a baking tray. Pour boiling water into the tray to halfway up the sides, then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave the ramekins to cool, then place in the fridge for an hour.
To add a crunchy texture, decorate the creams with the blanched almonds before serving.