Risotto with Sencha Ariake and Prawns
Serves 4 Dish
- 3 tablespoons (0.4 oz)
- 9 oz risotto rice, such as Arborio
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 L chicken stock
- 16 large shelled prawns
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic.
- Warm the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook until the onions are transparent, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the rice. Fry for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice becomes transparent.
- Add the white wine.
- Once the rice has absorbed the wine, add a ladleful of stock. Stir.
- Once the stock is absorbed, add another ladleful, continuing until no stock remains.
- Sprinkle in the tea in the middle of this process.
- Add the prawns.
For a richer risotto, top with parmesan curls before serving.