Cream flavoured with Thé des Amants green tea served with baked apples
Serves 2 Dessert
- 3 tbsp (10 g)
- 25 cl full cream milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 good-sized apples (slightly tart)
1. The apples
- Halve the apples and remove the cores.
- Place cut side up on a baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
2. The tea-flavoured cream
- In a saucepan, heat the milk gently to 70°C (use a thermometer if you have one). Remove from the heat and add the tea leaves. Leave to infuse for 4 minutes, then strain.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Bring the milk to the boil, then add slowly to the egg/sugar mixture while beating vigorously.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. You must continue stirring and keep the heat low so that the cream doesn’t boil and the eggs don’t solidify.
- After around 10 minutes, the pale foam present at the start will have disappeared, and the cream will have thickened.
- Pour the cream into a dish, cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with the baked apples.