Madeleines with Grand Yunnan Impérial
Serves 4 Dessert
- 15 to 20min
- 3 tablespoons (0.4 oz)
- 80 ml reduced fat (2%) milk
- 2.6 oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 2.6 oz caster sugar
- 4.4 oz flour
- 1⁄2 packet (0.2 oz) baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan.
- Steep one tablespoon of tea in the warm milk for 6 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the double boiler, then let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until foamy.
- Pour the milk over the egg mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt, then the flour, baking powder, and melted butter.
- Using a mortar or rolling pin, crush the remaining tea into a coarse powder.
- Add the powdered tea to the batter and mix until evenly combined.
- Fill full the buttered madeleine moulds to 3⁄4.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy these madeleines with a bit of honey.